Monday, July 27, 2009

Anniversary

This Friday will be our 22nd anniversary. Wow. 22 years of marital bliss. Seriously. Total and complete bliss. Thanks Mark for 22 wonderful years. I wouldn't change my life with you for anything in the world. I think anyone who can remain with me for that long deserves a medal.

Now that the serious stuff is over we can talk candidly about the 22 years together and give you a glimpse into our life together (whether you want to or not.) I remember one Christmas, about 19 years ago, that Mark went by himself to get us a tree. Let's just say that he hasn't done it since. He came home with what he thought was a fantastic and beautiful tree. Needless to say, I DID NOT agree with his choice. I said to him, "That is the ugliest tree I have ever seen." He promptly picked it up and threw it out the front door into our front yard and that is where it stayed for a couple of days. We laugh about it now, but it wasn't funny then. Also I remember when we were just barely married and I was brave and I had to...lets say...toot. One would think that I would retire to the bathroom but it was late and I was already in bed and too lazy to get up. I tried very carefully to do it quietly. Not so fortunate. I tooted. Mark sat up in bed and said with all seriousness, "Was that a shotgun?!" I laughed so hard that it took a solid two minutes before I could tell him that it was me. We still laugh about it to this day.
I hope that you have enjoyed this little glimpse into our lives. I have thoroughly enjoyed the past years of my married life. We are very blessed to have 3 beautiful and bright girls. I hope that we are fortunate to have many many more years of happiness.
I love you Mark.

4 comments:

The Big Kahuna said...

You beat me to it. I have had 22 wonderful years with the best wife, mother and friend anyone could ask for. We have had so many good times it's hard to remember them all. We've had some heartaches and tough times as well and have emerged stronger and more committed to each other and our goal of being an eternal family. I love you with all my heart!

Jaz said...

Happy anniversary you two!!

Jennifer Bradford said...

You two are so cute! Almost sickening. K, just kidding. Mom and dad found a bunch of old family photos and among them were a few from your wedding. I can't believe how tiny we all were. Oh, except for Melissa's hair, but that's another story. Michelle, I am so happy that you are my sister-in-law and that you are part of our family. You are the best! Mark, you are an awesome big brother and I am happy that you have such a great wife who is so kind and supportive. You two are wonderful examples to me and I appreciate you very much! Alright, I'm done being cheesy. Love you! Jenn

Kristi Amasio said...

Wow Michelle. I can't believe it has been 22 yrs. That is fantastic! You guys are awesome!!