Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

Happy 4th of July, everyone. Sorry it's late. Always a day late and a dollar short. Isn't everyone?? We had a great holiday. We had a BBQ with our neighbors and did fireworks. Most of our neighbors came. Our neighbors across the street were able to get a giant BBQ and we were able to BBQ all the meat at the same time. People brought salads and desserts. Mark and I made home-made ice cream. The best ever. It was great fun. The party was a great success. We will make it a tradition.

Sorry but I do need to complain. What is with these "pop-its"? They (manufactures) fill small white paper with gun powder and pebbles that pop when they hit the ground or a person. Then they market it to children. WHAT??? Hannah threw one at me and it popped when it hit my leg. It hurt. Then I caught Hannah popping one in her hand. She thought it was great fun. I'm sorry but gun powder, rocks and children???....great combination???....I think NOT. My Hannah loves the 4th of July. She asked me all last week about it. She loves the fireworks. I think she is a pyro.

3 comments:

Kristi Amasio said...

Michelle you crack me up. It was great going to lunch with you guys the other day. Let's definitely plan on getting together before school starts. The kids will love it!!

Jennifer Bradford said...

The news of Hannah being a potential pyro, sadly, comes as no surprise to me. Cast your mind back a few years, the whole Bradford clan was in front of your house in West Jordan. By the end of the night, ALL of the Bradford men and one or two Wood guys were standing in the middle of the street with torches, lighting whatever was flammable with no regard for safety or the influence made on our band of young, impressionable minds. Classic Bradford.

Zoey hates fireworks. She lasted about 2 minutes and 27 seconds.

I hope next year we can all gather again to blow crap up. That was so fun the few times we did it. Fond memories!!!! Love you guys, glad you had fun.

Jaz said...

My kids love pop-its and Tyson encourages them to use them as weapons and throw them at each other. Good thing nobody in this family has really good aim.