Monday, June 29, 2009

Privacey?? What's that??

I am always bombarded with questions by my lovely girls when.... 1) I am on the phone trying to have an adult conversation, 2) Talking with a neighbor/friend face to face or 3) Using the restroom (my personal favorite). They (every Mom) say that if you want your children's attention, do one of these things and you will have it. This is so very true. Every single time I get on the phone, the girls always find me and ask questions like, "Mom, can we have lunch?" or "what are we having for lunch/dinner?" It's 10 in the morning. Or, "Mom, I NEED to talk to you." What makes matters worse, is that they compete with each other for my attention or they compete with the person I am conversing with. But since the girls got out of school, my favorite one is, and it always happens when I am in the restroom.... "Mom, can we go to Lagoon today?" Are you kidding me??? Can't you wait one small, tiny moment so that I can do what I need to do before we start the questions??? Mom?, Mom?, Mom?. Sometimes, I don't answer hoping that they will give up and stop looking for me, but no such luck. I have always told them that I am changing my name and not telling anyone what it is. That will teach them. What I wouldn't give to get a little privacey.

1 comment:

Kamey Jean Hope said...

I feel for you and I'm so sorry! I don't get to go to the restroom by my self let alone take shower. My most favorite or least favorite is the phone. I can't finish one phone call with out having one of them cry, yelling mom, or just climbing on top of me. If there is some relief for this I would love to have some advice. If you get any please share!!!